(snip)

> > x = 2*seq(5)
> > y = 2*Pi
> > x=mod(x,y)
> > x=colunmod(x,y)
> > print x
>
> What are 'seq' and 'colunmod'?
> It seems you have 1D data. Is it right?
> In this case you'll find several routine searching on the IDL library
> on the net.

The 'seq' command simply makes a vector [2,4,6,8,10] and the 'colunmod'
function is what I am looking for i.e. a function that will undo/unwrap
the function mod(x,y).  I have looked for this function on the net as
you suggested (Martin's IDL 11 online libraries) but I have yet to find
it... Can you be more specific regarding which library or where I should
look?

Indeed, I only need the dim 1 case.

Thanks!
GW