Re: Good text for beginners?

 My suggestions to students that become first time IDL users here at CSU -
review Dave Fanning's IDL Programming Techniques. It's not only helpful for
beginners, but it teaches you how to use IDL correctly. I see many people with
knowledge of FORTRAN or C attempt to program in IDL, only to see them become
frustrated and label IDL as a slow and cumbersome langauge.

Kelly